Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vodaphone vs MyToday

This is really unfair. Vodafone India has now blocked opt-in SMS services from MyToday. I've been using MyToday for more than a year now. Its simple you ask for SMS's and you get them for free. There are a lot of choices like cricket/word/horoscope/stock/bible etc... See the full list here. The best part is you can stop the SMS's whenever you wish by just sending STOP .

It's anytime better than paying 50 Rs a month per service to the operator. I've subscribed for Cricket/Word and News. I get one SMS for each of the latter two. For cricket may be around 10 I think. I dont mind the ads shown at the end of the messages. Infact sometimes the ads are useful. MyToday has around 3.8 million subscribers and Vodafone clearly knows that this is a straight competition to their services. Earlier MyToday had the same issue with Airtel, don't know its status now. Vodafone goes even further and has blocked mobile portal http://mytoday.com

Check out Rajesh's blog more on this.

1 comment:

Rinki said...

You can get latest news and updated of Cricket and IPL2009 News from my site Cricket And IPL News 2009. There is also a poll going on who will win the IPL2009 and I hope you will participate in the poll. I am also looking to exchange link with. If interested, do let me know.

Thanks
Rinki